James Rubin

James Rubin

James Rubin is CoinDesk's U.S. news editor based on the West Coast. He has written and edited for the Milken Institute, TheStreet.com and the Economist Intelligence Unit, among other organizations. He is also the co-author of the Urban Cyclist's Survival Guide. He owns a small amount of bitcoin.

Social

Recent

CoinDesk - Unknown
Market Wrap: Bitcoin Returns to Red, Tumbling 7% on FTX Collapse
Other cryptos also fell as investors digested the latest developments in the crypto exchange giant’s unraveling.
CoinDesk - Unknown
CoinDesk - Unknown
First Mover Asia: Possible Legal Filings Could Clarify FTX’s Relationship to Alameda; Bitcoin Hovers Near $17K
Possible legal filings could show how intertwined FTX and its sister company were, even as CEO Sam Bankman-Fried follows through on his promise to shutter Alameda.
CoinDesk - Unknown
CoinDesk - Unknown
Market Wrap: Cryptos Recover Slightly From FTX Fatigue With a Dose of Encouraging Inflation Data
Bitcoin, ether and other major altcoins regained lost ground amid fallout from the crypto exchange’s unraveling after an unexpected decline in the consumer price index.
CoinDesk - Unknown
CoinDesk - Unknown
First Mover Asia: Crypto Exchange BitMEX Publishes Proof of Reserves Ahead of Friday’s BMEX Listing; Bitcoin Rebounds After Dropping Below $16K
On Wednesday, Binance, Gate.io, KuCoin and Huobi were among the exchanges that said they would publish Merkle tree reserve certificates. Their announcements came amid the mounting crisis involving FTX.
CoinDesk - Unknown
CoinDesk - Unknown
Market Wrap: Bitcoin, Other Cryptos Continue to Plummet
Crypto prices whipsawed following the announcement that Binance would be purchasing one of its largest rivals, and then said it won't.
CoinDesk - Unknown
CoinDesk - Unknown
First Mover Asia: Prediction Markets Split if Binance Will Pull Out of FTX Deal; Bitcoin Drops 11%
Investors on Polymarket think there’s a 45% chance that Binance will pull out of the FTX deal and a 55% chance the deal goes through.
CoinDesk - Unknown
CoinDesk - Unknown
Market Wrap: Binance/FTX Deal Sends Bitcoin, Other Cryptos Spiraling
Crypto prices whipsawed following the announcement that Binance would be purchasing one of its largest rivals.
CoinDesk - Unknown
CoinDesk - Unknown
First Mover Asia: A Good Week for Exchange Tokens, Except FTT; Solana Continues Falling
During the past week, a number of exchange tokens have outperformed bitcoin, including OKX and CRO. FTT is not among them.
CoinDesk - Unknown
CoinDesk - Unknown
Market Wrap: Solana Plunge Highlights Major Cryptos’ Day in the Red
The native token of the Solana protocol recently fell over 6%; bitcoin and ether dropped more modestly as investors await the midterm elections and latest inflation data.
CoinDesk - Unknown
CoinDesk - Unknown
First Mover Asia: FTX's Sam Bankman-Fried Talks Consumer Protection and Crypto Titans Clash
Consumer protection and regulation are key ingredients to transforming digital assets into an asset class worth trillions. The FTX exchange's Sam Bankman-Fried weighs in. Meanwhile, FTX's FTT token takes a dive after rival Binance announces plans to dump its remaining holdings.
CoinDesk - Unknown