A leading independent financial analysis shares thoughts on the “Robinhood rally,” Fed policy and why Modern Monetary Theory (MMT) is already here.
Today on The Brief:
- An unexpectedly good retail sales report drives market confidence
- Are we in for a second wave of white-collar layoffs?
- The latest rumblings in central bank digital currencies
Our main conversation:
Jesse Felder is an independent financial analyst and one of the best financial curators on Twitter.
In this wide ranging conversation, he and NLW discuss:
- The Robinhood rally and what makes it both alike and different from previous manias
- The illusion of American recovery and the disconnect between markets and fundamentals
- The Federal Reserve’s role in increasing economic inequality
- Why the dollar is significantly overvalued relative to other currencies
- Why financial assets could be poised for a rough decade
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.