Securitize, a digital-asset securities firm, raised $48 million in a Series B fundraising round co-led by Morgan Stanley and Blockchain Capital.
- Securitize said the round was oversubscribed. Other participants included Ava Labs, Borderless Capital, IDC Ventures, Migration Capital, NTT Data, and Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank.
- The raise comes close to the launch of Securitize Markets, a marketplace for trading digital-asset securities.
- Recently Securitize said it will launch two crypto-security yield funds. The funds will be issued as digital-asset securities on the Algorand blockchain.
- Securitize said it has appointed Pedro Teixeira, the co-head of Morgan Stanley Tactical Value, to its board of directors.
- Investors in the Series B round as well as existing Securitize investors will receive their shares in the form of digital asset securities issued by Securitize’s platform.
- According to Securitize, its platform has more than 300,000 investors and supports more than 150 companies.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.